Six Degrees November 17, 2007Posted by davegoblog in Family, Genealogy, NaBloPoMo, Pop Culture.
Yesterday, I found out that my boss attended Rochester Adams High School in Rochester Hills, MI, and that he was a year behind the original Material Girl, Madonna. In honor of this revelation, I’ve compiled a list of our close connections with the rich, famous, or just plain geeky. Here we go:
- My brother-in-law’s ex-girlfriend’s grandfather (Lewis J. Minor) helped develop bouillon for Army K rations and founded the L. J. Minor Corporation, which is now a division of Nestlé FoodServices.
- My other brother-in-law’s high school friend is the photographer that recently took the headshots that were superimposed onto the Heroes group of twelve picture.
- A former co-worker of my mother-in-law was related to Chef Boyardee.
- A former co-worker of my father-in-law was the paperboy for Albert Einstein.
- A college classmate (William Phillips) of my parents won the Nobel Prize in Physics 1997.
- My sister and her fiancé recently bought the house next to where Jonathan Frakes (Commander Riker in Star Trek: TNG) was raised.
- My father’s brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate was Dark Helmet.
- My wife’s former co-worker’s mother took piano lessons from the same person that taught Liberace.
- A church friend’s aunt dated Ted Cassidy, aka Lurch from the original The Addams Family TV series.
- My mother-in-law’s boss’s daughter appeared on the cover of Newsweek with Brad Pitt.
- An instructor of my Lakeland Regional High School chemistry teacher (Mr. Opremcek) was taught by Niels Bohr.